The iVENCS SCADA module provides monitoring, control and data acquisition for additional equipment, with status and fault reporting and simple to use control functions.
The iVENCS system can be used as a top level SCADA integration platform, with the ability to generate status reports from third party SCADA, Building Management Systems (BMS) and Telecoms Monitoring Systems (TMS), with the option to combine them with status reports of other site subsystems.
Interactive 2D schematics can be used in addition to the iVENCS 3D model. This gives the best of both worlds, by showing the equipment’s geographical location and context, whilst giving the option to view, monitor and control the system from a top level 2D view.
Schematics can be used to show many aspects of the system including an IP network’s connectivity, the status of any associative equipment, display systems such as pumps and ducts, the operation of smoke extract vents, pumps, and dampers, and more.
iVENCS SCADA can be integrated with monitored equipment via a variety of methods, whether by third party, ASL Remote Terminal Units, by using contact, serial, or IP interfaces, SNMP, ModBus, BACNET, or other interfaces and protocols.
Typical applications of iVENCS SCADA in use with integrated systems include:
– to be able to report lift alarms
– the lift position and direction of movement can be shown on the 3D Site GUI if available, e.g. to
show if the lift is stopped at a floor or is stuck between floors
• Escalators and Travellators
– to be able to report on escalator alarms
– to enable individual escalators to be stopped
– to indicate on the 3D Site GUI the escalator’s direction of travel and running or stopped status
• Access Control System
– to be able to report on the open/closed and locked/unlocked status of all access doors
– to enable the SMS operators to unlock individual doors
– to show the doors as open or closed on the 3D Site GUI
• Intruder Detection System
– to be able to report on intruder detection events
– to be able to report on the status of the lighting
– to enable the SMS operators to control the lighting
• Drainage Pumps
– to be able to report on the status of the drainage pumps
– to enable the SMS operators to enable the drainage pumps
• Power Supplies
– to be able to report on the status of the Main power supplies
• Telecoms Monitoring System (TMS)
• External SCADA System secondary reporting
• External BMS System secondary reporting